Child Ego: I want chocolate pudding
Adult Ego: No, you shouldn’t! It is full of fat….you should stay away from it and eat healthy
Child Ego: No, it is good for bones!
Adult ego: What?? Who said so?
Child Ego: Susan said so!
Adult Ego: Susan? Who?
Child Ego: Susan of Food Blogga!
Adult Ego: What did she say?
Child Ego: She asked to eat chocolate pudding to get enough calcium for bones!!
Adult Ego: Really?
Child Ego: She also said that building strong bones early in life helps prevent osteoporosis later in life…..she eats chocolate pudding to get calcium….she is quite wise.
Adult Ego: hmm…interesting!
Child Ego: I want chocolate pudding….I want chocolate pudding…..
Adult Ego: well……let’s make then!!!
Adult Ego heads to kitchen and Child Ego sits there happily thinking of the silky and creamy chocolate pudding :)
Double Chocolate Pudding Parfait
(Recipe Source: Gourmet Magazine, 2008)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup + 2tbsp sugar, divided
- ¼ cup + 1tbsp unsweetend cocoa powder, divided
- 2 cup whole milk
- 4oz fine quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Mix together cornstarch, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup cocoa powder and a pinch of salt in a saucepan, then gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, whisking until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in chopped chocolate and butter until melted. Transfer pudding to a bowl and give a quick chill by setting in an in ice bath and stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream with vanilla and remaining 2tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp cocoa powder until it holds stiff peaks.
- Layer pudding followed by cream, into serving bowls. You may repeat the layers. Chill for one hour and dust it with some cocoa powder before serving.
Enjoy the long weekend !